Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 17, 2008

Daddy

I had made a post last night, then took it down because it might have been too personal regarding my family, but I decided to re-post it so everyone would know

"First I have to say THANK YOU JESUS Daddy is ok...

This afternoon around 4:00 Dad was walking in a city park over near Starkville Academy. He always exercises there and he had an Ipod on listening. He was jumped by 6-8 young guys. They punched him in the face and broke a bottle over his head. He is very upset and shaken. It upsets me too because in that huge number, they could have really hurt him. He called the police and they came. They said they couldn't do anything- it was probably a gang initiation. That made Dad even more upset.

So anyway- say a little prayer for him. He has cuts on top of his head and a couple of places on his cheeks where they punched him.

I'm letting everyone know because we all think something like this couldn't happen to us. Please be careful- even in towns like sweet little Starkville"

10 comments:

Tricia said...

no way. that is so unsettling. I hope he is ok....

Katie Walden said...

Oh, Amanda! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad that it wasn't worse but I know that's going to be tough to bounce back from. I'll be praying for you and your dad and I'll pray that something will be done about it. There is no reason the cops should've said that there was nothing that could be done. Of course there is something that can be done!

Unknown said...

oh. my. At SA?? Our young stomping grounds? this is so disturbing. I can't believe it. I can't imagine how upset you all must be. I hope he is ok.
Scary stuff..

PS - thought about you on your b-day! Don't have your cell number - sad! Hope it was great though

Jana Berkery said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry that happened to your dad. It's a terrible thing that something so awful would happen to someone so nice and innocent. I hope he's ok and I'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

Brody is getting so biiiggg! He's so cute! :) Hope he's doing well after getting tubes put in his ears.

Jana

LT (and Max) said...

bless your heart. oh my. that is so scary! i know you're all so glad he's ok. wow.

The Benjamins said...

That is so upsetting! I am glad he is okay!

the mrs. said...

oh my gosh amanda! i cant believe it...I am definitely thinking about y'all and i will pray that he heals quickly. i love you and i love daddy mike.

Claire Gillentine said...

So terrible! So upsetting that they said they can do "nothing" about it! I will deff keep your family, especially your daddy in my prayers!

Your little guy is sooo cute!

Anisa said...

oh my gosh. that is awful. thank the Lord that your dad is OK! he is a wonderful man and i am disgusted that this happened to him. just awful.

Sam H said...

I'm glad they caught them. I'm also glad they published they're names, even though they were minors, on the front page of the newspaper.