Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the past week

Well, not a lot has been going on. Brad is getting ready for his big transfer. I've been steadily trying to keep the house clean in case people call to come see it. It's quite exhausting...

I'm loving the cool weather. I even made hot chocolate this morning and pretended it was more like December already. Speaking of that, I'm SO READY FOR CHRISTMAS! I don't know what's gotten into me this year, but I have already broken out Christmas music and am listening to it in my car! How can you not be happy when you listen to Celine belt out "Oh Holy Night". It's so great...I'm ready to see Christmas stuff everywhere instead of all these yards I've seen with CRAZY Halloween decor. Some people get a little too into the cobwebs and such. I mean- I like pumpkins and cute stuff, but all this dark gothic stuff freaks me out...



On an exciting note, we will be going to the doctor this Friday for our big boy/girl visit!!! Brad ended up having a meeting next Tuesday in Nashville, so we had to reschedule. I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep Thursday night I'll be so anxious. Everyone asks me if I have any feelings of what it will be, and I absolutely do not have a clue. If old wives tales are any indication, I read a HILARIOUS ONE in a book and made Brad do it the other night. He had to take 2 pillows and set them on the floor. He put a spoon under one and a fork under the other. Then I had to pick a pillow, and go sit on it. Spoon=boy Fork=girl . Well...I sat on the spoon. BOY??? We'll see Friday...

6 comments:

The Stringers said...

that is SO cute! i can wait to see if the spoon was right!!! when are yall moving? email me...emilyhstringer@yahoo.com...i can't wait for yall to get here!!!

LT (and Max) said...

i too LOVE christmas and cannot WAIT to break out christmas music. i've already been downloading new cmas music for my ipod. can't wait.

my prediction still stands: you're having a boy.

Unknown said...

I am going to go against my sister and say that it is a GIRL! Oh I can't wait to hear who's right! Do you have names in mind?
SO FUN!

I am also ready for Christmas. Our neighbors went SO overboard on the halloween decorations. I mean, several BLOW UP halloween props that light up. YUCK.

The Benjamins said...

Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl! Either one will be tons of fun! You're going to be head over heels in love with that little bundle of joy...just wait! :)

Unknown said...

Love the old wives tale! That is so fun! I cant wait to find out if it is accurate!

My grandmother is very superstitious, and she has guessed the sex of all the babies in my family...including the twin girls my cousin had in April!

HilaryElise said...

I don't know why, but I would have imagined that spoon=girl and fork=boy...anyway, good luck!!!