Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

2007 has been a year full of change, happiness, and excitement! I can't believe it's almost 2008. Brad and I are lame "old people" (plus we have a baby on the way) so we don't have any exciting plans to bring the New Year in. Actually, we'll probably not even be awake past 10:00. :)

Speaking of baby on the way, I wanted to make a post relating to the "how did that happen" of our lovely honeymoon baby...

Let me say this first: The "how" really doesn't matter, and we feel SO BLESSED to become parents of Brody in a few short months. However, for those of you who are into PLANNING, READ THIS. :) We thought we were planning baby #1 for 2-3 years down the road, but my how things changed.

Now- for those of you who heard the news in July that Brad and I have a baby on the way A MONTH after getting married and thought to yourself "What the crap were they thinking"- this should answer your question... :)

No, we aren't careless morons. I was on the pill. What I did NOT know (and only thought was an old wives tale) is that ANTIBIOTICS CANCEL your birth control. Yes people, I took some medicine the week before and the week of the wedding. So yep, it really happens! That is the main reason for this post so that you married lovely ladies know that it's true! Brad's mom said there should be billboards posted all over the country about this topic.

Just a little FYI. Like I said, it doesn't matter- we are SO EXCITED about Brody. Just thought some of you might want to know so you aren't eating your wedding cake topper for your 1 Year Anniversary while a newborn is testing out his new lungs in the background! Yayy can't wait! :)

6 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

HAHA...thanks for the info. i'll have to remember that when i get married! :)
happy new year!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I know you are both so excited about little Brody! We are too!!!! Looking forward to seeing ya'll soon! Happy New Year!!!!!

Tricia said...

Hey! Sorry I'm just now getting back to you with the information about Sunday School, but there is a really good newly wed class at FBC. Caleb helps with the 4th graders (which they need extra help if Brad is interested.... lots of rowdy boys.... might be good practice) and I am in the greatest class EVER: it's all girls who have finished college. Some are married some are not. Anyway, we need to get together sometime! Maybe this week while I'm off work?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the warning! :)
I know you can not wait to meet little brody. I know he will be precious. I am so happy for you and brad. I saw Brody's grandmama the other day (Brad's mama...not your mama!) and she is pumped, too!! So cute.

I need to see some pregnant pictures. Not asking for naked belly shots here, you can be fully clothed. I just can't imagine you with a belly!!!

hope to see you soon!

The Benjamins said...

You don't have too much longer to go! Yea..the end is insight! :)

The Texas VicHorns said...

Congratulations to both of you! Also, SO glad I read your post as I am currently on antibiotics. Wow. Did not know that.

I drove by your house over Christmas holidays and my mom pointed it out. So cute.

-Meredith (Murphy) Horn