Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 21, 2007

New York City




I should've gotten these pictures posted long before now, but everything has been really busy. The first weekend of December Brad, me, Dani, and Kevin (her bf) went to New York. Danielle and I neither one had been before, so it was alot of fun to see all the sights for the first time. Yes, I am a "small town girl", but I will NEVER understand how anyone would want to live in that place. It was crazy. People EVERYWHERE who had no problem RUNNING RIGHT OVER YOU. Taxis constantly honking. Freezing cold temperatures and wind chills. However, I LOVED being a visitor and I would LOVE to go back again. My 3 days was long enough. The positives?



1. We got to see a GREAT play on Broadway called Wicked. I would highly recommend it. It was the "untold" story of the witches of the Wizard of Oz. So cool. And hilarious.




















2. CHINATOWN- that place was oh so sketchy, but it was fun to finally experience it.

3. John's Pizza- best stuff I've ever eaten. Supposedly the water in New York makes the pizza good. Who knew.

4. Seeing Times Square. It is bigger than life. Really cool place. (And we got to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center- that thing was huge.)










5. Visiting Ground Zero. I've seen all the movies they've made. I watched alot of the shows that came on around the anniversary last year. But NOTHING can portray what it's really like. Those buildings were HUGE, and there were so many people in there. The coolest thing was the church nearby that was used as a shelter for firefighters following the disaster. Despite surrounding buildings being torn to pieces from the explosion, NO WINDOW WAS EVEN SCRATCHED. We walked through it and there were still pieces of the fence with photos and letters. Chillbumps.


The trip was alot of fun and it really got me in the Christmas spirit even more than I already was. Did I mention it was FREEZING THERE?






Meanwhile, back in Mississippi, 3 day old Julian was out on the porch in 70 degree weather... :)


HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

New York looked like so much fun!!! I've always wanted to see it at Christmas!!!!! Hope ya'll have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!