Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

"Church of Oprah"

I'm posting a link to a video showing information about the online study Oprah is doing right now- people are calling it the "Church of Oprah". I don't expect many comments on this post since religion is such a touchy subject, BUT I'm not afraid to share my personal opinion...
As a Christian, I find this very scary and disturbing that such an influential person is spreading a terribly WRONG message about God, Heaven, and God's Word. There are too many people in the world who are lost and searching for hope who are not Christians that are going to find fulfillment from her empty teachings. The book she is using and its author is so far off and when he was questioned about what happens when we die he responds "I DON'T GIVE IT ANY THOUGHT." To me, this is sad. I am here to say- I believe in God, and I believe Jesus was His son who died on the cross to save me of my sins. I am undeserving but God is full of grace and LOVE. I believe I am going to live in Heaven with Jesus when my life on earth ends.

But hey- if you want to believe that "religion is not about believing but about feeling" as Oprah says, then I guess that's your choice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA

6 comments:

Buse Family said...

I agree with you!! preach on...

Aaron & Laura said...

We need more postings like yours. The disturbing thing is that there are so many people who are "lost" like you said and some who are just plain ignorant and can't make their own decisions and will take the word of influential celebrities who endorse these types of "religions" as well as political candidates and have no business in using their popularity for those purposes. It's scary to think what our society is turning into- too many people are "feeling" instead of believing. You can see this is so many aspects of people's lives. For someone not to be thinking about what happens when they die just baffles me. People truly are forgetting the real meaning of life. The important thing is keep spreading the word like you're doing and teach our children right from wrong and pray that the rest of the nation will eventually catch on rather than just going with the "popular crowd".

I will definitely post this and pass it along to as many people as I can. Thanks for sharing it! By the way... Brody gets more adorable as the weeks pass by. How did his shots go?

The Texas VicHorns said...

Amanda,

I applaud you for your bold declaration of faith! That took guts! I hope many who don't believe will see this post and be moved by your faith in Christ.

I couldn't agree with your post more.

Anonymous said...

I totaly agree with you. It is a shame that people are afraid to mention JESUS CHRIST. We have become a nation/society afraid to discuss anything. I don't know if you all have noticed but people who don't believe in God speak out. Keep on speaking truth.

Unknown said...

so upset with oprah.
Well said, krack!

The Benjamins said...

Didn't know about this. Had seen it advertised, but didn't know what it was. Thanks for showing us!