Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

thinking about it...

The other day my sister told me about "Trash the Dress" pictures she saw online. I had never heard of it, but once I got to looking I found tons of photos. It doesn't literally mean to trash it, it just means it's not in a normal, elegant background. I understand the dress is really special and has so much meaning, but how fun would it be to do one of these photo shoots?! Tricia, might be calling you soon!

30.jpg


http://vada-voom.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/trash-the-dress-2.jpg

http://www.taylorjacksonphoto.com/trashthedress/ttdFinals-024.jpg


Photobucket

"Trash the Dress photography uses the elegance and beauty of a bride and her gown against a harsh environment or an artistic background where the subject is strikingly out of place. “It’s that contrast between new and clean, and old and dirty,” says photographer Sam Adams of Everlasting Images in Whitehouse, Ohio. He has done Trash the Dress photo shoots in abandoned railcars, snowy landscapes and windblown fields. “A lot of people are turned off by the term ‘Trash the Dress,’” says Adams, who’s had brides sneak their dresses away for the shoots to avoid anticipated family opposition. “But a lot of times, because we usually end up in the water, the dresses come out cleaner than they were the day of the wedding — and everyone loves the photos afterward.”"

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Those look so fun! I don't think I could ever put paint on a wedding dress though, like in that last one.

Rachel Buckley said...

I wanna do it! But there are two problems: 1.) my mother would kill me and 2.) I couldn't fit one leg into my wedding dress.

Buse Family said...

I have been dying to do this!! i have been getting their email for a year now and am so tempted. maybe after this baby comes I will be able to fit in mine again!! love it though