Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 3, 2007

Heaven

I apologize up front for these last 2 posts being kindof "downers", but it's just what's going on in life right now---
For those of you who don't know, my current job is being a nanny for a family in Memphis. I started a few weeks ago, and it was a very unique opportunity...
I met with the husband/dad initially for an interview, who told me he needed help with his 9 year old son, Carlisle.

Mr. Bruce owns a Hampton Inn in San Juan Puerto Rico, and normally he travels there once a month, so his wife tends to all their son's needs while he's gone. The other part of the story is that his wife is terminally ill with lung cancer that was diagnosed only 6 months ago. She is 47 and had never smoked in her life. She isn't able to care for their son the way she used to. He brought along a picture of her to our meeting, and I could see how in love they are. He was so proud of his beautiful wife. Over the last few weeks, I have come to know Mr. Bruce, Mrs. Lisa, and Carlisle all very well. Mrs. Lisa was put into the hospital 2 weeks ago with pain in her leg, which by the end of the day it was determined she was paralyzed due to the cancer reaching her spine. The cancer was spreading faster than it could be treated. She was brought home last week, and Mr. Bruce has cared for her in the most loving, beautiful way I have ever heard of or witnessed. He has not left her side for a minute. He had an interior designer come 3 days before she was brought home and REDO the entire master bedroom to make it look "the way she always wanted it to"-replacing carpet, bedspreads, pillows, curtains, and a new flat screen TV.
Carlisle is precious, and he is a strong little man. Today, Mrs. Lisa went to meet Jesus at 4:45. Pray for the Edenton family. You can follow their sweet story at www.caringbridge.org. Go to Visit a Caring Bridge website and type in "lisaedenton".

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

that makes me want to cry. so sad. i'm about to check out the caring bridge page for her. i'm sure this is hard on you too!

The Benjamins said...

That is so sad. I'll be sure to keep them in my prayers!

Unknown said...

that is so sad. they are in my prayers. I am sure you are so good for that little boy.