Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 7, 2010





Archer Davis Jones
June 7, 2010 11:24 am
8 lbs 1 oz
20 1/2 inches












Yesterday was the big day. Our beautiful boy came into the world at 11:23 am. All I had been thinking about was whether I would be able to get in touch with my mom on the phone to tell her the exciting news. I looked up at the clock as soon as I heard Archer cry, and told the doctor "My grandaddy's funeral is starting in 5 minutes".

It was bittersweet...my mom was awaiting the arrival of Archer while she grieved over her Daddy's death. Yesterday morning I told mom I love her and I'll be thinking about her- and she told me the same...
From what I hear the funeral was truly a celebration of Grandaddy Bob's life. He was married to the same woman over 60 years, and they raised 5 children together. They were a precious couple, and I was lucky to see their example of true love. Mom had her phone with her at the funeral and after she got my text, she got up to talk about Grandaddy and announced that her new grandbaby was here.


A little more about little Archer...the delivery was perfect and very easy. Big Brother Brody came to visit, and he is precious with him. He held him and loved him. Now we are resting the next few days. Moving day into the new house is Friday! We are ready to be settled with our new little family of four. I love all my boys!

9 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

congrats on your new baby boy! i'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather...

Meaghan said...

Congrats, Jones family!! Archer is so precious! I'm really sorry about your grandfather too...what a mix of emotions your family was going through. I hope everything goes well with the move and that you get settled in nicely into your new home!

Jon and Jessica said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys! And so sorry to hear about your granddaddy. It is wonderful though to have Archer be such a blessing in your life during a time of loss.

Tricia said...

We're so happy that Archer is here healthy and that you are doing well. I'm sorry about your grandaddy, though Amanda. I'm sure it's a lot of mixed emotions right now, not to mention chaos with the big move:)

Jana Berkery said...

God is so amazing. What a special little blessing Archer is to your family. We're thinking about yall! CONGRATULATIONS :)

Claire Gillentine said...

Congrats Jones Family! So excited for you all! Love all the updates!

The Benjamins said...

Congrats on such a sweet baby boy! Being a family of four is lots of fun! :)

Unknown said...

congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy!
Sorry to hear about your loss. What a beautiful example of love and the circle of life.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Lisa Garvin said...

I hope you and Archer got word that he MADE the Benediction at the funeral too! It was a bittersweet day...Archer redeemed it. It was Patrick's, Bob's first grandson (and named after him) 33rd birthday, too! So, he and Archer can celebrate together! Pretty nice early b'day present for your Daddy, too!