Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

3 nights in a row

Well after my last post, Archer tried for the next 2 nights to come again. Same exact thing- 2:45 am contractions started- went in around 5:00 am- got sent home around 8:00 am. Doctor told me to wait until they were about 2 minutes apart and I couldn't talk through them because next time I came she didn't want to send me home. So that's what happened Saturday night- I waited until they were 2 minutes apart and had horrible pains all across my back. Went in and was having contractions every 1 1/2-2 min. They got more and more awful but I was still only dilated 3 cm, so they gave me pain medicine called Nubain. I don't remember much after that...

Somewhere in there the pain med slowed the contractions. They kept me that night, all day Sunday and Sun night, and we got back home yesterday. Lovely way to make my husband and inlaws spend their Memorial Day holiday, I know. :)

The latest is that the doctor has given me a prescription for a pain med to keep at home with me. If the contractions get bad again, I'll take it, and if they persist through the medicine, then I'll go to the hospital because Archer is REALLY coming. We are all exhausted to say the least, but we know that the longer he stays in my belly, the better the outcome. I will be 37 weeks this weekend so the worry of his lungs not behaving will be much less.

Oh did I mention we close on our new house this Friday? I bet Archer already knows that and is just waiting for perfect timing so things will be a little more chaotic. That's the only way we know how to do things. :)

4 comments:

The Benjamins said...

I will be thinking about you and baby Archer! Hope he gives you a break for a day or two! :)

diane said...

i am a witness, and amanda has been a real trooper! it can't be easy to live in somebody else's home (even if they are family), out of a suitcase...trying to close on a house...wanting to make new friends at your new church, but running to the hospital for a false alarm instead...not knowing when this kid is going to show up...keeping up with THE CUTEST TWO YR. OLD who wants to play from 7:30am until 8:00pm. we are all soooo pooped, but WE ARE ALL STILL ALIVE! :)

Jon and Jessica said...

Archer is ready to meet everyone! Blessings to you all, we are thinking of you!

Rachel Buckley said...

yay! keep us updated! miss y'all!