Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

update

We got to bring Brody home today. He goes back to the doctor in the morning to make sure his levels haven't gone back up. He is such a little trooper- they probably pricked his foot for blood 15 different times. We are really thankful we have him back home. He has been so wonderful and SO FAR only cries when he's hungry or has a dirty diaper. :)
We have got LOTS of fun pictures of him, but we don't have internet yet at our new house in Meridian, so they will come as soon as we get it! Hopefully in the next couple of days. I'm using my mom's phone to connect to write on the blog, but I can't upload pictures. As for who he looks like---he is a 6 pound MINI ME of Brad. :)
Here's a run down of the events of the last week...I started having contractions Wednesday around midnight. Brad's mom (who happened to be in Starkville from Houston, TX) and sister drove me to the hospital because Brad was in Meridian for work and my mom was in Hattiesburg taking care of her mom who had surgery. SOOO I called mom and she rushed over in the middle of the night and picked up Brad on her way. I don't remember much more of the whole day- it's kindof a blur, but Brody got here Thursday afternoon at 3:38. I'm just glad it wasn't Friday (Feb. 29 leap day)- the poor kid would be so confused...
My mom took Brody and me home Saturday morning while Brad and both our dads loaded a UHaul in Starkville and moved us to Meridian. Brad's mom was sweet enough to set up as much of our house for us as she could before we got there. She is a really generous mother-in-law who stood in as my second mom when I went into labor.
So now, after being back in the hospital after having only been at home for a day, we are finally getting settled. We LOVE our new house- hopefully I can get some pictures up of that too.

4 comments:

The Benjamins said...

Bless y'all! Hopefully, life will settle down for a while! I can't wait to see new pics of little Brody!

I can see Gayle driving like crazy to get there! :)

Aaron & Laura said...

I'm so happy you gave everyone an update. Good luck at Brody's appointment tomorrow. We're looking forward to seeing some pictures soon! Take care and get some rest!!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

That little schedule of yours for the past week is a little crazy! I bet you are more than ready for everything to settle down!!! Can't wait for updated pics!

Unknown said...

Oh my! What a crazy Week!!! I know yall will be so glad to be settled...I hope that his bili levels are good!

I am so glad you updated!!

love~