Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Aug 23 update

Today we met with the head and neck surgeon at MD Anderson. She was wonderful, and very optimistic. However, the tests that will tell us how extensive the cancer is were scheduled for AFTER the appointment with her, for whatever reason. I go first thing in the morning for a CT scan of my head and neck. I will go after that for a chest xray. Also their pathology department should be finalizing their second opinion on my biopsy. All this to say...it will be Thursday before we know more about what's going on and what the plan is to tackle it. The CT scan will show how involved the area above my eye is. It will also show if the cancer is anywhere else in my head or neck. It will also show if any lymph nodes are involved. The chest xray will be to rule out any kind of involvement of my lungs, just as a precaution. The biopsy report will be more in depth and should give an idea of exactly what duct this cancer is coming from, whether it be sweat gland, lacrimal, or some other organ in my body.

She said she will definitely be taking me to surgery to cut out the cancer we know is still surrounding the area, and she'll take out some lymph nodes if they're involved too. If it's related to my eye, a cancer eye surgeon will be in on the surgery as well. She mentioned we might be able to do surgery as early as next week possibly. I'm also going to be meeting with a radiation team, and I think she will make the decision about whether or not I will get radiation following the surgery.

SOOOO please keep praying!!! We feel surrounded by love and prayers every day, and we really hope to continue having this support until this is behind us!!! I hope everyone is seeing that GOD IS ANSWERING THESE PRAYERS ALREADY. He alone is worthy to be praised. And He gets all the glory for the work He is doing in this situation.

The boys are doing great. My mom is in town, so she is helping out. Brad's parents also live about 20 minutes away, so they're always helpful in any possible way too. We are blessed with wonderful families and friends. I will continue to post updates as we have more information. Love you.

13 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

God bless you Amanda! and THANK GOD for the wonderful parents you and Brad have been blessed with!

Continuing to pray for you daily.

The Benjamins said...

I know you are glad to have today finally here! Praying for you still!

Nanette Gholston said...

Amanda,
You and your precious family will remain in our prayers.
Nanette and Robert Gholston

Kelley Potts said...

Amanda, you don't know me. My name is Kelley Potts. I live in Memphis, TN and am a friend of Morgan Montgomery Galjour. I am actually here in Houston with my Dad who is battling recurrent salivary gland cancer. We have been here a little over 2 weeks. She told me about you and your precious family. I just wanted to let you know my entire family is praying for you. You have been on my heart all day long. You are in wonderful hands at MD Anderson. I will continue to pray for God to lead your treatment team and that he will HEAL you completely!
Sincerely, a sister in Christ

Trish Mohan said...

Amanda,

You don't know me, my name is Trish Mohan. My mother Sandra Bishop was your 6th grade teacher at SA. I am friends with the Tomlinson's and that is how I heard about you. My mother has since talked to your mother and she has been very concerned about you as have so many people. I am keeping up with your incredible journey through your blog and keeping my mom updated as well since she does not "compute"! Another connection we have is I went to SA and was friends with Doug Davis. Anyway....you are in our thoughts and prayers and I hope for you the patience, strength and endurance to overcome!

The Carter Boys said...

Amanda,
We are continuously praying for you and your family. You are so strong and an amazing woman.

Missy Carter

Melita said...

Amanda,
Praising God for the good reports you have received so far, and continuing to pray for more good news.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

I am praying CONFIDENTLY for your healing!

Love to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Amanda,

The Clark's are praying for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do...as we are only two doors down.

Katie said...

Praying, praying, praying!

Olivia Buffington said...

Amanda,

You may or may not know/remember me but I am praying for you and your boys and family. We have several small connections (Shelby and I were DGs together at State, You and I were both in Dr. Moore's Internet Marketing class) and I have been following your blog of your sweet boys for a while. I also forwarded your blog on to a very dear family friend of mine who is around your age and battled a very rare cancer last year and he is in remission now so that he could be praying too.

Praying fervently for you and my sweet friend Kelley Potts' Dad every day!

Jenn Prather said...

Thank you for the updates so that we may know how to pray. We are continuing to pray for you and know that Gods Grace is enough to get you all through this! We are praying that the results of the biopsy and new reports will all be good, and that your next path of treatment will be clear!

Love,

The Prathers

Cindy Johnson said...

Wonderful news Amanda. I have been praying for both you and your family. GOD is good! This is great news.

D.Cooper said...

Praying for God's healing grace for you and peace for you and your family.